School Rules and Procedures
School Policies & Procedures
1. Sign children in/out on a daily basis include legible signature and time.
2. Please stay within your contract hours. If there are any changes in your work
or school schedule, inform the office manager as soon as possible.
3. If your child will be absent, please call the office before 9:00 a.m. and indicate
the reason for the absence. If a child is out ill for five consecutive days or more, a
doctor’s note is needed in order for the child to be admitted back to school.
4. If your child will be in later than the assigned contract hours, call and inform
the office of your estimated time of arrival.
5. If your child needs to be given medication at school, a Request for Medication
Form needs to be filled out by your child’s physician beforehand. Ask the office
manager for a form.
6. If your child has a runny nose, cough, fever, vomiting, diarrhea, rash, or eye
infection, your child must stay at home. Child may return to school after receiving a clearance from his/her physician.
7. The receiving teacher will perform a health check upon arrival. Please make sure your child’s nails are cut. Please notify the teacher of any cuts, bruises, etc. that may have occurred at home.
8. Children must wear socks at all times. Sandals or open-toe shoes cannot be
worn due to safety reasons.
9. Please do not bring backpacks, toys, food, or any other personal items to school.
10. School will not be held responsible for lost jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets, etc.
11. Put your child’s name on his/her jackets and sweaters.
12. All children must be brought inside the center by an adult and taken to his/her
Teacher. Please make sure the teacher acknowledges your child’s presence.
13. Emergency Cards – Please keep your child’s emergency card updated. Only the individuals listed on your emergency card will be allowed to pick up your child. Individuals must be at least 18 years old and must provide proof of age.
14. The center closes at 5:30 p.m. Three late notices may result in the termination of services.
15. At least once a year the center must verify that you still qualify for services (recertification). Studying parents will need to provide proof every time a semester or quarter ends and begins.
16. Fee paying parents are expected to pay in advance for services. Fees are due the 1st of every month and must be in the form of a check or money order only. Please make checks payable to LAUSD ECE FUND. No cash payments will be accepted.